Jaw misalignment, as the name suggests, is something to do with the alignment of your jaw. It is a condition when the upper and lower teeth do not align when the mouth is closed. Jaw misalignments can be of various types such as overbite, underbite, and crossbite etc.
Out of all the jaw misalignments, overbite and underbite are the most common types of misalignments of the jaw. In an overbite, the upper teeth rest in front of lower teeth, and in underbite it happens vice versa. With an improper jaw alignment, you will face difficulties everyday like speaking and eating. Your face appearance will also become unattractive and so, it is vital to fix your misalignment before it is too late.
Here is what you need to know about jaw misalignments. Meanwhile, you can check our treatments of Invisalign and TMJ in Woodland Hills.
The identifiable symptoms of jaw misalignment
If you are unsure of any kind of jaw misalignment in your mouth, here are certain symptoms that you must look forward to:
- You struggled with headaches on a daily basis followed by back and shoulder pain.
- Your teeth are getting weak day after day.
- You can constantly hear the clicking sound from your jaw.
- You are only able to give a toothless smile.
- Your upper jaw is too small and you also have pain in your temples.
- You have excessively tight jaw.
Common causes of jaw misalignment
Jaw misalignment not only cause problems within your mouth and teeth but it can trigger TMJ pains as well. TMJ in Woodland Hills has become quite popular and the main reason for the same in jaw misalignment. Talk to your orthodontist.
Meanwhile, check the following causes of jaw misalignment here:
- TMJ disorder: We just talked about it. TMJ is the join between maxilla, the upper jaw, and mandible, the lower jaw. The disorder of TMJ is directly linked to the upper and lower jaw further leading to severe complications like pain, inflammation, and sometimes crooked jaw.
- Bruxism: This is a condition where you grind and clench your teeth either in sleep in an awake state. This is a severe disturbance leading to TMJ disorder. As a result, you experience pain and stiffness in the jaw and sudden jaw misalignment.
- Trauma or Injury: Any injury that might have happened to you during contact sports, assault, and accident can cause the jaw to shift from its idea position. In certain cases, the jaw can become fractured or dislocated. Talk to a specialist of TMJ in Woodland Hills to find a solution.
If you are looking for a reliable orthodontic treatment, you can reach out to us. Ana Luisa is author of this article and writes since long time. For further details about Invisalign in Woodland Hills please visit the website.